
Free Zoo day was a while back and I just happened to have the day off so when I got a call from Meagan reminding me that it was free I packed Matthew in the car and took off to the zoo. When I got there I was surprised to find Amber and her kids there too. It was great to have a spontanious cousin zoo day. They all had a blast with each other. Matthew's favorite part was the reptile building.

He liked the big cats only for a minute. They were active enough for him.

They put straw right up close to the windows so that the cats lay down there for better viewing.

He thought the big tiger was pretty cool.

This little turtle was walking right along the glass for a long time. He and Zack followed it a long the entire 15 feet or so.

We watched the tigers for a while then finally one of them started playing with the other and there was a little play fight. It was really neat to watch.

We were lucky to see the elephants. They brought them out for only an hour or so that day so we hurried over to watch them. Matthew didn't love them. He got board with them pretty quick.

He really liked the giraffes for some reason.

This big orangutang was sleeping with his face right up against the glass. I am surprised Matthew got as close as he did.

After we saw the big apes we came out and tried to get a picture with all the kids in front of this statue. It was really funny because Matthew wouldn't go any where near it. He was afraid of it. The only way we could get him this close was Sage had to bribe him to come over and get a cookie from her.
No comments:
Post a Comment